If you would like to listen to the podcast, click on the arrow in the player below.
Notes and links for the podcast.
Time Stands Still returns to Broadway
* How many performances do actors need to feel comfortable?
* How should critics review performances early on?
* Jennifer Holliday walking through Dreamgirls, Bernadette Peters ill in Gypsy
Mrs. Warren’s Profession
* “Did we see the same show?”
* “A shout-out to Shaw”
The Divine Sister
The New York Musical Theatre Festival
The Great Unkown
Above Hell’s Kitchen
My Mother’s Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding
Carrie opening Off-Broadway at MCC?!?
* Can Carrie survive without camp?
The Orphans’ Home Cycle not coming to Broadway
Is there an audience for marathon-length shows?
Egos in the theatre: Arthur Laurents, Patti LuPone, denigrating previous performances and productions
Was Ethel Merman an actress?
“Some People” from the original cast recording of Gypsy