James Marino speaks with John Miller about his new album, “Stage Door Johnny: John Miller Takes on Broadway” and his lifetime of experiences on Broadway
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Guest: John Miller, Singer, Bassist, and Broadway Musical Coordinator
John Miller has served as Music Coordinator for over 130 Broadway productions in the last four decades, and is currently represented by Ain’t Too Proud: The Life and Times of The Temptations and Oklahoma!, in addition to the upcoming New York production of Tina: The Tina Turner Musical. He has worked on Broadway’s biggest hits such as The Producers, Once, Jersey Boys, Hairspray, and many more, dating back to Cy Coleman’s Barnum in 1980. As a bassist, he has played with everyone from Madonna, Bob Dylan, and Elvis Costello, to Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, and the New York Philharmonic. As an actor, he played the role of Dee Dee the drug-dealing percussionist in Amazon Prime’s Golden Globe-winning “Mozart in the Jungle” for all four seasons.
John Miller: Website | IBDB | IMDB
Stage Door Johnny: John Miller Takes on Broadway
1. Why Can’t You Behave? – from Kiss Me, Kate
2. Wouldn’t It Be Loverly – from My Fair Lady
3. Hey There – from The Pajama Game
4. Ol’ Man River – from Showboat
5. I Won’t Grow Up – from Peter Pan
6. Fugue for Tinhorns – from Guys and Dolls
7. Real Live Girl – from Little Me
8. I Cain’t Say No – from Oklahoma!
9. Hernando’s Hideaway – from The Pajama Game
10. We Kiss in a Shadow – from The King and I
11. Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’ – from Oklahoma!
12. Secret Love – from Calamity Jane
One Response to “BroadwayRadio Special: John Miller, Singer, Bassist, and Broadway Musical Coordinator”