Peter Filichia, James Marino and Michael Portantiere talk with Karen Mason. We review Kid Victory @ The Vineyard Theatre, Sunday in the Park with George, Man from Nebraska @ Second Stage Theatre, 9 Circles @ Sheen Center, Everybody @ Signature Theater, The Skin of our Teeth @ Theatre for a New Audience, The View UpStairs @ The Lynn Redgrave Theater, Werther @ The Metropolitan Opera, and the Memorial for Florence Henderson.
This Week on Broadway has been coming to you every week since March 16, 2009. It is the longest running Broadway and theatrical podcast with more than 400 shows giving thousands of reviews and hundreds of interviews.
Subscribe to BroadwayRadio in iTunes by CLICKING HERE.
If you would like to listen to the podcast, click on the arrow in the player below.
PETER FILICHIA is a theater journalist and historian with a number of books, his most recent is, “The Great Parade”, available everywhere. His columns appear at MTI, Masterworks Broadway, Broadway Select and many other places.
Michael Portantiere | email@example.com | Facebook
MICHAEL PORTANTIERE is a theater reviewer and essayist, whose work appears at TalkinBroadway, Everything Sondheim and BroadwayStars. He is also a theatrical photographer whose photos have appeared in The New York Times and other major publications. You can see his photography work at FollowSpotPhoto.com.
Matt Tamanini | Twitter
MATT TAMANINI is BroadwayWorld’s Senior TV and Film Critic and the host of the “Some Like it Pop” podcast, which is available on iTunes and Stitcher. You can connect with Matt on Twitter at @BWWMatt.
Notes and links for the podcast.
Guest: Karen Mason
Karen Mason IBDB
Concert at Birdland Jazz Club (315 West 44th Street in New York) on Monday, March 6 at 7:00 PM
Tickets are $30 with an additional $20 food and beverage minimum. For further information, please visit www.birdlandjazz.com or call (212) 581-3080 for reservations.
KAREN MASON – “It’s About Time” – Track Listing
1. It’s About Time (Paul Rolnick / Shelly Markham)
2. Finding Wonderland (Frank Wildhorn / Jack Murphy)
3. Zing! Went The Strings of My Heart (James Hanley)
4. Everything’s Coming Up Roses (Jule Styne / Stephen Sondheim)
5. What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life? (Michel Legrand / Alan & Marilyn Bergman)
6. Just in Time (Jule Styne/ Betty Comden / Adolph Green)
7. I Can’t Give You Anything But Love (Jimmy McHugh / Dorothy Fields)
8. Somewhere / The Impossible Dream (Leonard Bernstein / Stephen Sondheim – Mitch Leigh / Joe Darion)
9. The Man That Got Away (Harold Arlen / Ira Gershwin)
10. A House is Not A Home (Burt Bacharach / Hal David)
11. Once Upon A Dream Come True (Paul Rolnick)
12. Over the Rainbow (Harold Arlen / E.Y. Harburg)
13. Fifty Percent (Billy Goldenberg / Alan & Marilyn Bergman)
14. Our Love Is Here to Stay (George Gershwin / Ira Gershwin)
MP + PF: Kid Victory @ The Vineyard Theatre, 108 East 15th Street, through March 19, 2017
PF + JM: Sunday in the Park with George @ The Hudson Theatre, through April 23. 2017
MP: Man from Nebraska @ Second Stage Theatre, 305 W 43rd Street, through March 26, 2017
PF: 9 Circles @ Sheen Center, 18 Bleecker Street, through March 19, 2017
MP: Signature Theatre’s production of Everybody at The Irene Diamond Stage, 480 West 42nd Street, through March 19, 2017
PF: The Skin of our Teeth @ Theatre for a New Audience, 262 Ashland Place, Brooklyn, through March 19, 2017
PF + MP: The View UpStairs @ The Lynn Redgrave Theater, 49 Bleecker Street
MP: Werther @ The Metropolitan Opera, through March 9, 2017
MP: Memorial for Florence Henderson @ Music Box
Television, Film and Streaming:
01 It’s About Time
02 Finding Wonderland
05 What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life
Email addresses: see above
BroadwayRadio Phone / Voicemail: +1-888-285-4666
iHeart Radio, iTunes, Google Play, and anywhere that you can listen to finer podcasts
Stitcher: Stitcher App
We need Listener Volunteers to help out with a few projects. If you have a few hours and would like to help out, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.